U3A Office Volunteers
Office volunteers are an integral part of the U3A administration. Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of twice a month to keep abreast of any changes. Volunteers are always rostered in pairs so no one is left to manage alone. The atmosphere, whilst professional, is both friendly and informal. Training is provided in all areas of the job and you never need to feel foolish for asking the same question repeatedly.
- Minimum of twice monthly
- Wednesdays and/or Fridays 9.15 – 12.15
Basic Office Skills
- Answer phone
- File documents
- Keep office tidy and well-organised
- Collect mail from the main building
- Make note of supplies that need to be replenished
- Keep message book current
- Provide information about U3A
- Direct the inquirer to suitable website, organisation or person when necessary
- Open, reply to and send emails
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, pdf.
- Use scanner and printer and shredder.
- Comfortable searching websites in particular U3A Perth website
- Input data into a simple database – previous use of databases an advantage
Able to, or willing to learn to:
- Produce reports from databases
- Take bookings for events
- Take credit card payments
For all inquiries please contact Christine 0468 781 857